About the Role
The primary purpose of the Company Stage Manager is to create an efficient and positive production. The Company Stage Manager’s ability to successfully lead and work with the company, although at times possibly stressful, will be of utmost importance. The Company Stage Manager’s overall purpose is to work directly with the director, cast and production staff to move a show from inception to closing.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
2. Previous experience in and/or love of theatre- minimum of two (2) years in a paid professional position
3. Commitment to anti-racism and a diverse, inclusive workplace
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Comfortable with reasonable risk and an entrepreneurial approach to business.
6. Collaborate with diverse populations and across disciplines
7. Must be a leader and strategic-minded person who can support the theatre’s vision
8. Willing to participate in trauma informed training and social-emotional learning
9. Self-starter, highly motivated with a high productivity level
10. Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility and strong decision-making abilities
About the Company
Genesis Experience Theatre is a 501(c)3 nonprofit in Akron, Ohio. Genesis specializes in three areas- faith, theatre and mental wellness to cultivate diverse audiences & performers through faith-centered theatre experiences.